Thursday, January 6, 2011

The New Year

Ah... my mind is still trying to wrap around the fact that it is 2011! I can not believe that it is that year already. To think that in the beginning of the 20th century people thought we would be flying around in cars and be served by robots. How absurd!
Well, I can only hope that this new year is amazing and that the Lord knows what He is doing. I have many of my own expectations, and I honestly don't want to be disappointed. 2010 ended well, I have no reason not to believe that this year is going to be even better. Yes, I have some goals for this year, but not your typical New Year's resolution. I really don't want to lose weight, or anything like that. I honestly want to grow closer to God this year and be able to trust Him more and more, despite not knowing what the future holds. Another thing is I want to write poems and songs more this year, maybe even finish a fiction novel I started on about two years ago. I want this year to be a time of maturing, and really learning where God wants me to be.
I don't really know how much more I can say... I do hope that this year in college it goes well and that my family and I grow closer and make good memories, considering this may be one of my last years at home.
I also want to see our college blossom and for us all to really be knit together in purpose.
Let's just be honest though. I don't know what's going to happen and I am excited about that fact. Anything could, and I know that whatever does, it will be a new and probably stretching experience that the Lord will use in shaping my character.
Cheers to the New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment